Saturday, April 25, 2009

I ran my first marathon in December of 1996. I chose the Honolulu Marathon as I had never been to Hawaii and I wanted to make it a special event. And boy was it!! I got the "marathon bug" and haven't stopped since. To date, I have completed 17 full marathons (26.2 miles)and a ton of halves. The list, in no particular order, so far includes:
  • Honolulu
  • Seattle Marathon (3 times)
  • Portland
  • Vancouver British Columbia (2 times)
  • Virginia Mason Marathon (in Bellevue, WA)
  • Los Angeles
  • Houston
  • Tucson
  • Marine Corp
  • New York City
  • Chicago
  • Boston (3 times)

While I am training for the new Seattle Rock-n-Roll marathon and am very excited to be running it, I really want to get into London and then Berlin. I didn't make this year's London lottery (the race is tomorrow, in you care to watch). The lottery opens on Monday for 2010 and I'll enter again. I am currently in the lottery, this year, to run New York City again. The last time I ran it was November 2000 and I ran it with a friend. It was a blast! This time, I'd like to run it alone and really take in the sights as you go through all 5 borough's. I'd also like to see how it has changed since 9/11.

Time to get some rest before my training run tomorrow! Gotta give these old legs a rest! Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment